If only I lived in Atlanta! Check out the job description below or head over to the website.
Best of luck to all who apply!
At Alston & Bird, a major U.S. law firm with over 800 attorneys, our people trust the people they work for, take pride in what they do, enjoy the people they work with and serve the communities in which they live. Our environment has been praised as one of the most open and receptive in the United States, not only among law firms, but also among all businesses. Alston & Bird has been ranked by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to work for” for eleven years in a row. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
The Atlanta office of Alston & Bird is conducting a search for an Editorial Specialist/Proofreader in our Business Development Department. The Business Development Department is looking for a dynamic, detail-oriented editorial specialist/proofreader to work with the business development editor, coordinators and specialty managers on a variety of print and web productions. The editorial specialist/ proofreader is responsible for editing a variety of print and online content, including, but not limited to, client advisories, RFP responses, pitch materials, attorney profiles, newsletters, multi-page brochures, advertisements and event invitations. The editorial specialist/proofreader will work most closely with the business development editor to proofread documents in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. Speed combined with accuracy is a must; a balance between the two is necessary to excel in the position. A positive attitude and the ability to work well with a variety of personalities are likewise critical.
• Work directly with the business development editor to proof documents for spelling, grammatical errors and clarity of meaning.
• Ensure that written content in print and on the web is in keeping with the firm’s stylistic guidelines.
• Review materials for consistency in format.
• Field relevant questions from other members of the department as an expert on the subject matter.
• Coordinate with other members of the department to ensure the timely production and publication of projects.
• Maintain firm’s reprint files.
• Prepare the firm’s Business Development Bulletin Board for all offices.
• Maintain and grow the firm’s client permissions records.
• Participate, as needed, in marketing pitch preparation.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications or related field.
• Working knowledge of software on a PC-based platform, specifically MS Office Suite.
• Excellent knowledge of grammar and command of the English language.
• Ability to function as a productive member in a team-focused environment.
• High level of follow-through and accountability to others.
• Exceptional organization and time management skills.
• The ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities.
• A positive attitude.