Here is the description from the website:
Under general supervision, is responsible for providing coordination support to the law school recruiting function. Guided by department objectives and priorities, coordinates ongoing law school recruiting, including recruiting processes and on boarding. Coordinates various facets of the Summer Associate Program.
1. Consistently promote and model the Firm’s Client Service Principles in teamwork, work product, and personal interaction.
2. Ensure exemplary client service to all internal and external clients; proactively promote client service throughout department and among teams; respond to peer requests with recognition that request serves a client or Firm need.
General Recruiting and Hiring
1. Works under the direction of Law School Recruiter and with other members of the Attorney Recruiting team to implement diversity plans for attorney recruiting that support the Firm’s objectives.
2. Applying detailed knowledge, may review and screen resumes and applications; check references of select applicants; distribute paperwork of qualified applicants to appropriate parties; maintain applicant files.
3. Contributes to the building of strong relationships with prospective hires to ensure substantive, ongoing contact with the Firm, and to promote desired acceptance rates. Under department guidance, provides ongoing applicant communications, guidance, informational and policy assistance, etc.
4. In collaboration with the Law School Recruiter, develops relationships with internal and external clients including attorneys, staff, school Career Services Counselors, outside agencies, other recruiters, etc.
5. Responsible for the coordination of all relevant PeopleSoft notices and other documentation for new hires; proactively ensure that all necessary departments and parties are informed/notified to facilitate new hires arrival and orientation.
6. Substantively participate in firmwide recruiting meetings and committees.
7. Act as ambassador for the Firm in all aspects of attorney recruiting, presenting a consistently professional and positive demeanor.
Summer Associate Program
1. Guided by the Law School Recruiter, department and Firm objectives coordinates and provides support in all aspects of the Summer Associate Program; orientation and training, scheduling, quality and quantity of all summer associate assignments; assists with the coordination of the mid-summer and final performance review process.
2. Participates in the planning for the Summer Associate Program; coordinate meetings, assist in the development of the meeting agendas, may help execute the communication plans, may under general supervision draft communications, etc.
3. Work closely with the Law School Recruiter, Office Hiring Partner and Practice Group Recruiting Partners in the selection of associate summer liaisons; proactively provides recruiting administrative support to liaisons with appropriate information, training, strategic planning support, etc.
4. Work closely with Law School Recruiter, Hiring Partners, Summer Chairs, Summer Associate Hiring Committee and Director of Attorney Recruiting to execute the administrative functions of the Summer Associate offer process.
5. In collaboration with the Law School Recruiter, coordinates Summer Associate Program events, with availability to attend all planned events.
Fall On Campus Interviewing (OCI) Program
1. Applies developed planning and coordination skills to execute the administrative functions of the Fall On Campus Interviewing Program for the office including: resume routing; assists in the scheduling of call back interviews and gather feedback; assists in the coordination of follow up on offers and helps track the fall cultivation plan; in close collaboration with the Law School Recruiter assists in the tracking of the office recruiting funnel and acceptance rates.
2. Under the general direction of the Law School Recruiter and firmwide management, assists in the coordination of the Fall On Campus Interviewing Program for designated schools including: distribute resumes to appropriate parties upon receipt from schools; draft first version of on campus interviewers; prepare interview packets and schedules for on campus interviewers; organize call back meetings for on campus interviewers and provide the related interview paperwork.
3. Work closely with the Law School Recruiter to encourage attorney participation in the Fall On Campus Interviewing Program.
4. Responsible for providing coordination, planning assistance and in-person support to various receptions and/or dinners at various schools and as part of On Campus Recruiting.
5. Under the guidance of the Law School Recruiter, is responsible for the initial preparation of offer letters; track and compile statistics of interviews, offers made, rejections, offers declined and all other fall recruiting records.
6. In collaboration with the Law School Recruiter, may prepare and participate in OCI Interviewer Training Programs; serve as resource to On Campus Interviewers through established and developed knowledge of recruiting processes.
7. May represent the firm at various law schools at the request of firmwide management. May be asked in assist and/or lead on-campus briefing, debriefing sessions and completion of all summer associate offers.
Data Technology, Tracking and Reporting
1. Responsible for the upkeep and accuracy of all applicant records in PeopleSoft. Responsible for data entry and processing of response letters.
2. Assists in tracking and compiling statistics of attorney new hire data; generate reports upon request; track law school recruiting expenses and may assist in the preparation of the annual recruiting budget.
3. In collaboration with the Law School Recruiter, assists in the tracking of the Summer Associate Program, OCI Season and general recruiting budget; track costs; maintain appropriate cost controls to ensure budget is met and budget is appropriately allocated.
4. Responsible for the coordination and daily management of Time Trade at the local office level.
1. Remain current in industry trends in attorney recruiting and the legal profession.
2. Ensure expertise in relevant technology; proactively use most current technology to further teamwork, client service, and efficiency.
3. Ensure client service and performance consistently meet Career and Compensation Management Program (“CCMP”) expectations for Matrix Level 4.
4. Regularly review position against Matrix expectations and develop goals to further increase position value.
Safeguard and keep confidential any information, observations, or viewpoints regarding Firm and client business matters.
Adhere to the Firm’s General Safety Practices and any unique safety practices for department and building.
Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree plus 1-2 years of recruiting experience or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
Teamwork and Applied Skills
1. High client service ethic and a proven record in delivering exemplary client satisfaction to external and internal client constituencies.
2. Excellent writing skills; ability to present complex ideas succinctly and clearly.
3. Strong interactive skills and the ability to succeed in a teamwork environment.
4. Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively.
5. Ability to prepare accurate, highly detailed work product.
6. Ability to assess information, anticipate issues and outcomes, and make effective decisions.
7. Ability to organize time, prioritize workload effectively, and work independently.
8. High comfort level with sometimes stressful client requirements.
9. Skill to assess issues and needs and to provide responsive solutions.